LCD Signature Pad Sigma without backlight
is a highly advanced device that can be used to transmit digital signatures to the PDF or word documents. In this modern world of technological importance, PDF documents are used rampantly for meeting any kind of official or business deals. However, in most of the cases, the question of authenticity remains in showcasing these e-documents. Therefore, the need arose to formulate a kind of technology that would be useful to convert manual signatures into digitized form and encoded in the PDF documents of the e-world. The device of signature pad without backlight helped in solving the issue.
The European Parliament has approved the electronic digital signature software. Even a directive has been passed that helps in providing a reliability and authentication of the electronically signed PDF or word documents of the web world. Accordingly, the electronic signature meeting the following qualities will be determined as authentic in nature –
- The signature should be capable to identify the signatory
- The signature is linked uniquely to the signatory
- The signature is linked to a piece of data in such a manner that any subsequent change made in the data can be detected
- The e-signature has been made with a device or any means, under direct control of the signatory
The signature pad without backlight helps in transforming manually composed signatures made on the screen of the device, into digitized format and helps in pasting the changed format of the signature into the PDF or other files of the web world. The signature is done with the help of specialized pen, manufactured by Signotec Company itself. However, the signature can be examined by experts, with the help of special software. Authenticity of the signature can be proven at a later stage, if necessary.
Sigma without backlight even comes with security software. The pad comes with adequate security factor and other mechanisms that help in secured transfer of data, even the signatures. Every important and relevant data related to the characteristic of the signature (made by the special pen-like device of signotec) is stored. This enables any kind of abuse of the signature. Verifying the signature and its signatory is also not a problem, with proper availability of forensic data.
However, the electronic signature devices without the backlight facility can be difficult to use in rooms with deficit amount of light. Provided the backlight feature, the users could have used them in darker rooms even. On the other hand, this may not be taken as a major setback while evaluating the electronic signature pads without the backlight facility. With a view to the price of the gadget, this device serves as one of the most suitable electronic wonders for conducting authentic paperwork related to legalization of the related e-documents.
||4" (10,5 cm) b/w Display with or without backlight
|Active Signing Area
||100 x 50 mm
||160 x 120 x 10 mm
||Unlimeted fonts and sizes
||Any graphics up to 320 x 160 pixel
|| Unlimited screens, Hot-Spots (buttons) and Scroll-Function
||AES-Encryption, RSA-signing. Signatures biometrics RSA-Encryption inside the pad.
||USB (HID, no driver installation required)
||Yes. Optinal with internal virtual USB-Seriell-Converter (FTDI)
||1040 dpi, not interpolated
||No special pen, cheap replacemntErsatz
||Scratch resistant surface
The signotec pads (Omega firmware 1.25, Sigma 1.16) have the highest security mechanisms. This will allow a complete chain of evidence in dispute. Depending on the integration, different techniques are used
- PDF documents can be signed inside the pad and not in the insecure environment of the PC.
- The biometrics from the signature can pad RSA-encrypted and signed inside the pad and not in the insecure environment of the PC.
- The pad LCD-screen content with the signature can be RSA-signed inside the pad.
- Each pad has a separate and unique RSA certificate from delivery.
- Saving a custom RSA certificate inside the pad.
- The pad can generate an RSA certificate inside.
- Supported schemes are RSA PKCS # 1 v1.5 (with or without the hash OID), PKCS # 1 v2.1
- Certificates can be certified by a Root Authority
- Supported hash algorithms are SHA-1, SHA-256 and SHA-512.
- For details please refer to the documentation.
Astral strives to bring the best digital signature experience to our customers around the world through its innovative hardware and software.
Astral welcomes your feedback on its products.