LCD Signature Pad
"Kappa" Signature Pad is designed for applications Use Kappa for precise capture of a handwritten signature and a fingerprint - perfect for a secure process at your point-of-sale (POS).
The Kappa is a hybrid device developed by signotec, consisting of a signature pad and a fingerprint sensor. It is particularly compact with its external dimensions of 175 x 194 x 30 mm and sets new standards in terms of hybrid functionality.
The Kappa uses the same sensor as the Sigma, so you can capture even large signatures without getting to the limit of the sensor. This is essential for a realistic capturing of the signature. In addition, extensive text information can be displayed.
The additionally integrated fingerprint sensor of the established manufacturer Futronic can be controlled separately and enables a high-resolution capture of fingerprints.
Despite the combination of two devices, only a single USB port is needed.
Kappa is a high quality hybrid model consisting of a signature pad and a fingerprint sensor with infrared LED.
With its external dimensions of 175 x 194 x 30 mm and only one USB connection required, the hybrid system saves space and resources and can be perfectly integrated into existing environments (eg:at the POS).
- Combination of signature pad and fingerprint sensor.
- High-resolution Futronic fingerprint sensor with infrared LED.
- Separate integration of signature pad and fingerprint sensor.
- Only one USB connection needed.
- Large 10.5 cm (4 ") mono display.
- Special foil surface for a precise pen input.
- Pen with special, resilient pen tip.
- 1.024 pressure levels.
- 500 Hz sampling rate.
- Maximum security through unique security features and RSA encryption.
Software & Integration:
The signature pad can be integrated and used with all software products and APIs.
The Futronic Fingerprint Sensor offers its own API to use its functionalities. More information on the integration and compatibility of the fingerprint sensor can be found directly from the manufacturer Futronic: http://www.futronic-tech.com/product_sdk_win.html
Note: To use the fingerprint sensor, you need a software that has integrated the Futronic interface. signotec does not offer a standardized solution.
By means of own development and production of electronic, firmware, drivers and applications an optimal coordination between soft- and hardware is provided. Soft- and hardware from a single source – Made in Germany.
|| 10,5 cm (4") Mono-LCD, optional with LED backlight
||320 x 160 pixels
||Pen with special, resilient pen tip (changeable)
|| Special foil surface for RTP sensors
||approx. 1 Million Signatures
||500 Hz, 4D Samples (x, y, z, t)
|Active Signing Area
|| 92 x 45 mm
||4.096 x 4.096 px. absolute ≙ 2.214 x 1.130 ppi
|| AES- and RSA-Encryption
||Real-time display of the signature without usable biometrics.
|| RSA signature creation device inside the pad
||SHA-256 und SHA-512
||USB (approx. 2,0 meters cable length)
||Yes, with optional signotec USB-Ethernet-Adaptor.
|Terminal Server / Citrix
||Yes, optional with hardware FTDI chip or signotec vCOM driver
|Citrix Virtual Channel
||Yes, optional with signotec Virtual Channel driver.
|Dimensions (W x D x H)
||194 x 175 x 30 mm
||Yes, you can configure one standby image inside the pad
The complete technical data can be found in the data sheet (PDF download) or in a direct comparison of all signotec models (PDF download).
The signature pads ( Omega firmware 1.25, Sigma 1.16) have the highest security mechanisms
available. This allows a complete chain of evidence in dispute. Depending on the integration, different techniques are used:
- PDF documents can be signed inside the pad and not in the insecure environment of the PC.
- The biometric data of the signature can be RSA-encrypted inside the pad using a public key.
- RSA-signature of the displayed content and signature.
- Upon delivery, each pad has a separate and unique RSA certificate for signing.
- Storing of custom RSA-certificates inside the pad.
- The pad can generate a RSA certificate.
- Supported schemes are RSA PKCS # 1 v1.5 (with or without the hash OID), PKCS # 1 v2.1
- Certificates can be certified by a Root Authority
- Supported hash algorithms are SHA-1, SHA-256 and SHA-512.
For details please refer to the documentation.
Astral strives to bring the best digital signature experience to our customers around the world through its innovative hardware and software.
Astral welcomes your feedback on its products.